Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Princess Weekend

Well, last weekend we went over the river and through the woods to Tulsa. Shane loved the off-off-off Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast and eating a the sub-par restaurant. Just goes to show you don’t have to go over the top to impress a soon-to-be 4 year old. We did have fun swimming at the hotel and the Sleep Inn in Tulsa fixed us up. Our company is a corporate client, so when we reserved the room the manager upgraded us to the suite. It was great and Shane thought they were giving her royal treatment.

We are now getting ready for the party on Saturday. I am excited to have my best friend and her daughter coming from Plano for the event. Worth is thinking we are going a little overboard for her. He feels that the birthday should be contained to one day and not a whole week, so we don't spoil the kids. I, on the other hand, am all about birthdays and love to go a little crazy and spoil the birthday person (I was trained by my Grandma). Now, I agree that you don't have to have tons of gifts but you should make a big deal about the birthday. I guess over the years we will have to find a happy medium.

No comments: