Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day & belated birthday

Happy Belated Birthday to my sweetheart. Worth turned 37 on Jan. 25. Here is the cake Shane designed for her Daddy. I informed him that this was a monumental year for him because this is the first year I would have to buy TWO boxes of candles for his cake. Only 36 candles to a package.

And on the Valentine's side - I told Worth my ideal date tonight would be a pizza and an grown-up good movie after the kids are in bed, so that is the plan. And before you even ask, no I didn’t mean “adult video”. Shane and Gray awoke to balloons and candy this morning. Gray LOVES balloons and I even let them have a piece of chocolate after breakfast –– what do I care, their sugar rush will hit after they are in school.

We had another cold weekend .... trapped with the kids. Our big outing for the weekend? Sam’s Club. Okay, sad but true. At least there they can run and get a free snack – win, win. It is never as bad as I make it sound. We had a dance contest, read a lot of books, watched too many movies, ate pretty good and took long naps. But spring will be a welcome change.

We are gearing up for the "Princess Weekend in Tulsa”. Worth and I are taking Shane to see the stage production of Beauty and the Beast, staying in a hotel (with the all important pool) and going to a restaurant, which is so exciting to her. I have her a new dress, of course and pink glitter shoes. She is so excited. Gray is staying home so she will get 24 hours of all attention on her.

Gray is becoming more and more mischievous with time. He has been in more trouble in his 21 months than Shane has to this day. When you tell him not to do something he will look at you with a sideways grin and do it anyway. He is starting to crawl out of out of his crib. I am terrified of the day we put him in a big bed and un-cage the beast. Before I know it he will be out of bed, out the front door and hitching his way to NYC.

1 comment:

typingelbow said...

Happy belated birthday, Worthington!! (Maybe you guys should start buying candles in bulk.)