Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gone to soon



I found out this morning that my sister died yesterday in a car wreck. I don't even know what to think.... We only found each other 13 years ago and in the last few have not been good about keeping in touch. Still, I loved her and am deeply saddened to have her out of my life - she was a truly good person.

Much to her joy, she had a baby girl at 42. Maple was her and her husband Steve's greatest accomplishment. I am so grateful that although Maple was in the car, she is uninjured.

I love you Sam and I am sorry we didn't have a whole lifetime to be sisters.

2 comments:

typingelbow said...

Oh, Ronie. I am so sorry about your loss. Is there anything at all I can do?

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Texas Trail Mix said...

It's a wild way she came into your life Ronie. And a wild way she departed. Of course your own mother...Sam's mother, shared some common things with her. If you're a "believer", you believe they're together now...and I suppose it could be said that it's meant to be their time together. Another little girl will live without knowing her mother... and we have to wonder why...and why you must live without her now, and what it is you were meant to learn and do in the face of the sorrow. I don't know why you have all these angels Ronie, who are gone before you. I know you would rather have them here with you now. Whatever the reason for it, it is my belief that they ARE here for you in spirit. Your love did not die when their bodies did. Their hearts did not go. Sam remains your sister forever. And you were blessed having her...blessed too that your dad had the love of his life through her, and that Maple was given life through love of Sam, your only sister.