Monday, March 26, 2007

Adoption

This morning I was telling Shane how her "Uncle" Kyle and "Aunt" Jane were in China picking up her new cousin. She has a friend at school, Liem, who was adopted from Vietnam, so I was relating the two. I told her about picking out her new cousin a present (she thinks Eliza needs a ballerina – shocking). Then she asked why they were going to China. I told her some children are adopted and it is very special, just as special as those kids who are born into a family. All of a sudden she is crying.

"Shane, what's wrong honey?"

sniff, sniff ... little voice from the back seat ...

"I want to be adopted."

There is no pleasing princesses.

2 comments:

All Sides of Life said...

Great blog! I love the colors and your kids are too cute! I don't know if your relatives are in NWA, but if so, they should check out the Northwest Arkansas International Families group I recently mentioned on All Sides of Life.
Terri
www.allsidesoflife.com

Texas Trail Mix said...

I cannot stop laughing aloud all on my lonesome!
That kid is HI-larious and doesn't even know it!!