Friday, March 03, 2006

I hate that is has been so long since my last post. I will work on getting better about that. I am sure that everyone can relate but I feel like I am in super busy mode all the time.

We had a wonderful birthday for Shane. She is still our “Pink Princess” but she is just exploded into a girly-girl – so what else were we to do but through a VERY pink party. We had pink cake (yes, I made it), pink balloons, pink streamers – we even had pink milk. Several little people came and lots of her adult friend. We even had Me-Mom and Pop-Pop there. She got lots of Barbies and dress up clothes. I think she had a great time. Our dear friend, Jamie, even came dressed up as Snow White! Check out the party pics -click here

On Shane’s birthday we took her out to dinner and let her eat ice cream – pink, of course. She got a ballerina outfit and even slept in it that night! She loves to dance and play mommy to her dolls. She is very sweet but we are going through a stage where she likes to challenge us. She should be a strong willed girl. She love to say “Mommy, I need to tell you something” very seriously – I say “Yes Shane” - “Ummmmm, I like Dora the Explorer” - that always cracks me up.

Gray is doing great – he is our own personal bulldozer. He doesn’t sit still. Shane use to sit on our laps and let us read books – not Gray. He is always on the go until he falls asleep. He is walking pretty good now, one month earlier than Shane. He looks like James Brown when he walks. At the last doctors visit he was up to 22 lbs. - not bad for 11 months.

About a month ago he had a ruptured ear drum but that is healing up good but we have found out he has asthma. We are hoping he will grow out of it but right now he is having to get use to an inhaler. Beyond that he is happy and healthy and has shed more blood in his short life than Shane has all her life. He loves to blow raspberries and walks around with his tongue hanging out. He says Mama and Dada pretty well – now we have to work on Shane.

Love to you all and more posts soon.

1 comment:

typingelbow said...

ronie!!! i am so glad to hear that you and the family are doing so well. it's hilarious that gray is all rough-and-tumble and shane is such a girly-girl. that must make honky so proud!!